2015/12/24

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

1-joulu
It is this time of the year again, christmas. I am personally not a huge fan of christmas. I like the spirit and lights, food and family but other than that it is not really important holiday for me. That's why I thought I wouldn't have to deal with homesickness at all but oh boy I was wrong. Past week, I have felt a little homesick. Every time I see someone making gingerbread cookies or decorating christmas tree I feel it. Today is the worst day, today is the day when family and friends celebrate christmas at home. All the pictures from dinner tables, all the merry christmas wishes. I feel so alone here.
   I know my christmas is going to be nice, of course. I get to spend my holidays here with my host family and I get to try all these new things. I don't complain, but I would give anything to be with my family right now. Laughing at the dinner table for some stupid jokes and opening the presents.
  Homesickness is a feeling and you can change your feelings. It sucks to be homesick, it really does but I try to keep myself busy. It also helps, when you understand that feeling homesick this time of the year is more than normal. I can always talk to my exchange friends who are dealing with same feelings. I said I feel so alone here, but I know I am not. I am not alone, I have awesome family and lot of friends. You are never alone if you decide so.
  I want to wish you all happy holidays! Hug your family, they are the most important people in your life.
//
Taas tämä aika vuodesta, joulu. En itse ole kauhean suuri joulun ystävä, joten en ajatellut joutuvani kokemaan koti-ikävää. Olin erittäin väärässä. Koko viime viikon on ikävä kolkutellut, aina joulukuvia nähdessäni on tullut sellainen pieni pisto sydämmeen. Olen yrittänyt pitä itseni kiireisenä, olenkin onnistunut siinä erittäin hyvin, mutta tänään tunteet vei voiton. Joulupöytäkuvat ja joulutoivotukset on liikaa, kaipaan kotiin enemmän kuin koskaan. On erittäin yksinäine olo, mutta tiedän etten ole yksin. Minulla on täällä hostperheet ja kaverit, joiden puoleen voin kääntyä kun ikävä painaa. Tiedän myös, että tämä joulu tulee olemaan mukava vaikka sen eritavalla vietänkin. Kaikki on asenteesta kiinni ja pitää ymmärtää, että koti-ikävä tähän aikaan vuodesta on enemmän kuin normaalia.
 Haluan toivottaa kaikille erittäin hyvää joulua ja onnellista uutta vuotta! Halatkaa perheitänne, ne on sun elämän tärkeimmät ihmiset. Palaillaan taas joulun jälkeen!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti