2016/07/07

MEMPHIS & NEW ORLEANS 

DSC_9611DSC_963113647046_1087543857996197_1762616295_oIMG_8516IMG_8505DSC_9690DSC_967113632859_1378621065487648_1110380368_oDSC_9666
I’m trying to keep up with my posting because I don’t want to have too many days in one post but it is really hard when bed feels so comfortable and I just want to sleep.

All these days have been travel days with only couple thing to do so they will fit nicely into one post. For the past three days I have sat on a bus for 22 hours. Also I have visited Elvis Presley’s house, had a Rotary picnic and seen French Quarter in New Orleans. So much happens in such a short time that it is hard to keep on track when everything happens.

Elvis Presley’s house was pretty impressive, everything was kept the same and it felt like time was stopped there. I learned a lot of new information about Elvis and I’m glad I was able to visit his home and see all the things he had accomplished. After the visit, it was time to hop on a bus again and this time we were driving six hours to New Orleans, Louisiana.  Now you need to understand something, we’re I’m from, plus 25 Celsius is a lot so imagine my horror when I step out of the bus and the temperature is closer to 35 Celsius. There is nothing that helps in this situation, just standing makes you sweat and you feel so cross all the time that you don’t really want to do anything. Welcome to the South people.

Rotary picnic was organized for us by the local Rotary club and it was nice to chat with some other exchange students and also other Rotarians. They provided dinner for us, which is always a nice thing to have when you need to pay your meals for the month. After the picnic we had a pool party at the hotel and it was refreshing to get into water after such a hot day. Everyone was super tired after long day again, so when we went back to our rooms at twelve I think everyone was a sleep after couple of minutes.

Mornings are always bad, I feel like it doesn’t matter how much I sleep I’m still so tired that the first couple hours on the bus I just try to sleep. This morning it wasn’t possible because we went to French Quarter in New Orleans for few hours before we left the city. French Quarter was such a pretty are!! I can’t believe how cute it was with all it’s coffee shops and little stores. It was smoking hot and I was pretty sure I was going to die because of it, I have never felt such heat… Next couple of states will be interesting because of that, it is a test for me if I can survive heat. Probably not.


By the way if you are wondering why this post is in English but the other one as in Finnish and the one before that had both is simply because it is 11:30pm and I just can’t be bothered to write I both languages. It takes so much time to write in Finnish these days so it is just easier to go with English. Okay bye now, see y’all soon!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti